thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Recycled Crayons

It is inevitable.  If you have children, you have broken crayons.  Today we solved our problem.  I had the girls help me remove the paper (I did most of it).  Then I had them divide the colors into color families.  I had read that silicone muffin cups work well.  So I pulled out the snow flake ones I bought at the Target dollar spot a couple of years ago.  They didn't work for muffins so this was their chance to redeem themselves.  Once we had the colors divided, I put them in a 250 degree oven for about 20 minutes.  I let them cool for 30 minutes and now my darling daughters are enjoying their new crayons.  Zion even asked if we could do this to our unbroken crayons so they won't be so boring.   Hopefully she won't break them on purpose, but this was so easy, we will have to do it when the inevitable takes over the crayon box once again.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you separated them into the color families. I like that much better than the modge podge of all the colors melted together. Very cute and fun! I have a heart shaped silicone muffin pan that doesn't really make good muffins either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearts would make adorable crayons!

    ReplyDelete