thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Peek into the Mack House

Here's a peek into our kitchen. When we moved in a little over 8 years ago, I was in love with all the space above the cabinets.  Over the years they've been adorned with Fiestaware, Christmas Garland, and even a traffic light.  I love to have conversation pieces mixed into my decor.  When I found the "Fingers crossed" piece in Home Goods a couple of years ago, I knew I had to have it.  I continually joke that I cross my fingers with every meal hoping it is a success!  You'll also notice "JOY" and "Blessed" placed there.  Sometimes it's important to have a reminder of just how good I have it.  I'm very "blessed" so there is no reason to not have "Joy"! 

I use the big black basket to corral all the items that need to make their way upstairs to the office.  It gets a little overrun most of the time, but it helps keep the counter clear and lets me tote everything up with ease.
I made these little pumpkins a couple of years ago.  They were really easy and are a fun way to add some Fall into the house. Even when it's still 100 degrees outside!  Thanks, Martha Stewart!

 This was my answer to the phone jack that we no longer use that was right at eye level next to the pantry.  I think it's a much better way to enter the kitchen and to start our day!


Just one last photo of the hallway/pantry.  Oh, and I made the wreath myself, too!  I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration! Have a joyfully blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins turned out great! I bought some orange dupioni silk a while back to make curtains, but then decided I didn't really care to have orange curtains. I think that fabric would be great to make some pumpkins.

    Oh, and I love the wreath you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! The pumpkins were so easy and fun to make. I'm sure your orange silk would be beautiful! I'd love to see a picture of them when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your post. Love the Scripture cover up for the phone jack. I have the same problem. How did you make that cover? If you have a tutorial, I'd love to know where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like it Susan! It was really easy. I just purchased a white canvas from JoAnn's Fabric & Craft store and painted it black with acrylic paint. Then I used a paint marker to write the scripture on it. The canvas just happened to be the right depth to cover the phone jack! I hope you're able to find a similar solution. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete