thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The importance of "Just because"

When we get married, most of us register for a China pattern.  I didn't do this, I just got some plain black plates that Jeremy & I both enjoyed.  I had always had a secret desire to collect Fiestaware and adorn my dinner table with the vibrant assorted colors.  It took a little convincing, but after finding several sets at a store that used to be here in Phoenix called Off the Rack for $5.00 for a complete set, Jeremy was sold.  Especially when I took him to an antique store and he saw how much the vintage plates are priced at!

Since that time, I've begun to collect various serving pieces and place settings.  These beautiful dishes for years decorated the pot shelves in my kitchen, only to be brought down for "special" occasions.  Then I decided to redecorate a little and moved the Fiestaware into the cabinets where they would accumulate less dust and would be more easily accessible.

That was over a year ago and since that time we've used these wonderfully "festive" dishes for many "just because" meals.  My daughters get the honor of choosing the colors we will use for such meals and who will get which color.  It's a very fun time and I truly believe they will look back on these times fondly as they grow.  Our most recent use of the Fiestaware was this Monday night, "just because."  I made a roast, mashed potatoes, corn, and fried some zucchini and eggplant.  The meal was delicious and the company most precious:  Jeremy, Zion, Zoan, myself at the colorful table & Chazaq sleeping comfortably against my chest in my Wrapsody wrap.  There was no special occasion, but I wanted to celebrate my family.  I'm the momma so I can do that.  After all, if I don't make my family feel like the most special people in the world "just because", who will?

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Who is more special than our own family? Next time take a picture. I want to see all your pretty fiestaware & sweet family!

    ReplyDelete