thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/

Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

He Meets My Parents!

Easter Break.  I had no car.  Arizona is far from Waxahachie.  Jeremy offered to take me to visit my family for the weekend.  This would be the first time for him to meet my parents and my sister.  We headed out and on our way stopped for lunch at this little Bar-b-que beef place.  It was just a road side stand, but always a favorite stop.  While we ate he informed me that his BTR boys (bachelors till the rapture) had made him promise not to hold my hand or "anything" while we were visiting.  He was letting me in on the promise so I would be aware of his intentions as well.  And again, I felt honored and respected.  The time on the road seemed to pass quickly as we drove the 3 1/2 hours to my parents house.
*Interesting fact:  I had only been to my parent's house once because they moved from Texas to Oklahoma during winter break so I was very unfamiliar with the town.  We arrived to find the house empty but the answering machine blinking.  I checked the messages to be informed that my mom & sister had been in a car accident and were at the hospital.  We had to check the phone book for the address to the hospital!  I had no idea where to go or what we'd find when we got there.
We found our way across the small town and were met my family's pastor & his wife.  My mom & sister were okay, but Mom was suffering a little amnesia.  The pastors took this opportunity to have a little fun with my mom and told her I was coming to visit with my husband.  We were allowed to check Mom out of the hospital and as we wheeled her out in a wheelchair, she looked up at Jeremy and said "I don't know who you are, but you sure are good lookin'!"  (We've had quite a few laughs at that over the years for sure!)
We got home, put Mom to bed to rest and started working on cooking the dinner that had kind of been started before the accident.   Dad was driving a truck and would be home later that evening.  I warned Jeremy on our 3 1/2 hour drive that the best way to figure out if my dad liked him was if he stayed up and talked or if he went to bed.  Dad got home and STAYED UP talking to Jeremy till after midnight!  Definitely a good sign!  I found out things about my dad that I never knew and realized he & Jeremy had quite a lot in common.  They both raised pigeons as kids.  I had no idea! 
While we were there, Jeremy also got to meet some of my mom's family that lived there at the time.  He met with all of their approval. We were at church that Sunday morning and headed back to Waxahachie that evening.  So far so good!

1 comment: